Way to bring up the other cis-male students in the classroom, Warren - I was just saying to another alum last night that Smith fosters co-ed graduate programs with no trouble, wondering why the women’s college experience didn’t extend past undergrad - but also, in addition, any 5 college student, male or female, is allowed to take courses at any of those 5 colleges, including Smith and Mt. Holyoke. I mean, hello! Trans guys are by far not the only male population at these schools. The offensive assumptions being made about prospective, current, and alumnae students out seem to far outweigh the logical reality about the presence of men on campus. What about all the employees and workers and signs that say MEN at work placed in the women’s bathrooms during repair? It’s absurd that they are presuming complete isolation from a co-ed world, and even more absurd that they dis-own the queer and trans students and culture on campus. As you pointed out, shouldn’t some prospective student be aware of the campus environment they may be choosing to enter for college?
- Smith ‘09, Trans Alum
Our favorite transguy Warren talking about attending two all-women colleges and the controversies surrounding these two colleges, Smith and Wellesley.
15 Notes/ Hide
- hollybearie likes this
- un-profession-al reblogged this from ftmbinders
- penguinmilitia likes this
- lorenza-taylor reblogged this from ftmbinders
- zannadyke reblogged this from artoftransliness
- ftmbinders reblogged this from artoftransliness and added:
- enduretheburning likes this
- enduretheburning reblogged this from artoftransliness and added:
- transqueery likes this
- enragedcunt likes this
- artoftransliness posted this